[Linux-cluster] CS4 script resource is looping on error

Marco Lusini marco.lusini at governo.it
Wed Mar 29 10:59:23 UTC 2006

I am using RHEL4 with CS4 to manage a 2 node cluster with services like
HTTPD, MYSQLD, etc...

I have successfully set up CS4 using IPMI as a fence device and I am
creating various scripts to control the different resources (as known
you can't use those in /etc/init.d due to failures in stop-after-stop
scenarios).

As a test I have created script that always return error on status, and set
up a service
with the failing script as the single resource.

------- snip ------
#!/bin/bash
case "$1" in
    start)
        exit 0
        ;;
    stop)
        exit 0
        ;;
    status)
        exit 1
        ;;
esac
------ snip -------

Now my cluster keeps restarting that resource or, if I change the recover
policy, keeps relocating it forever. If I choose disable as recover policy,
the reource get disabled whitout even trying to restart/recover.

Is this the expected behaviour?

Is there a way to configure CS4 to first try to restart locally, then
to try relocate and finally disable the service?

Regards,

Marco Lusini

Messaggio analizzato e protetto da tecnologia antivirus

Servizio erogato dal sistema informativo della
Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri