[Linux-cluster] Recommended HP servers for cluster suite

Timothy Lin Timothy.Lin at noaa.gov
Wed May 3 10:50:41 UTC 2006

Blades are a lot more expensive than comparable 1U/2U boxes. Great if
you are running out of space.
another good thing is, with proper SAN planning and boot-from san setup,
you can do drop-in replacement when a blade fails.

we have good experience putting clustersuite on BL35p ( the half height
blades ) , but GFS is another story.
(Might have something to do with MSA1500 we have, Redhat and HP are
blaming each other on that issue)

iLO is pretty nice, but I think VMware consoles are easier to use :)
Now if i can just figure out how to make GFS work properly in ESX server

Tim.