[Linux-cluster] CS4 & RHEL4: File System Errors

Vito Laurenza vlaurenz at advance.net
Fri May 12 20:11:26 UTC 2006

I'm having some issues with Cluster Suite 4 on RHEL4 u3.

I have a two node cluster with shared storage on a SAN.  The service is
running in an Active-Passive environment hence only one node should be
accessing the file system at a time.

I *was* having a problem where a manual failover (clusvcadm -r
<service>) would fail time to time because the unmounting the file
system failed due to being "busy".  I then added force_unmount=1 to my
fs tag in cluster.conf to ensure the file system was unmounted.  This
seemed to solve the failover failures, however, I began to get journal
errors on my shared storage.

1.  Are these errors cropping up because of the forced unmount?
2.  How can I ensure that a mount or unmount done by CS is clean?

Thanks in advance.

:::: Vito Laurenza
::   Systems Administrator
::   Advance Internet