[Linux-cluster] GFS6.0 installation RHEL4?

Raj Kumar rajkum2002 at rediffmail.com
Fri May 26 17:37:47 UTC 2006

Hello,

Can someone please tell me if I could install GFS 6.0 on RHEL4. When I tried to install the latest GFS src rpm it complained about the kernel source package 2.4.x. I modified the gfs-build.spec to include the current kernel name 2.6.x. However, rpmbuild complained that it couldn't find source package and that failed.

Can someone please tell if GFS 6.0 can be installed on RHEL 4? If yes, please provide information about the compilation procedure. I have compiled GFS several times on RHEL 3 but not on RHEL 4. So info on changes that must be made to compile GFS 6.0 will be very helpful.

Thanks very much. Please respond!
Raj