[Linux-cluster] GFS6.0 installation RHEL4?

Raj Kumar rajkum2002 at rediffmail.com
Fri May 26 19:11:39 UTC 2006

Thanks Bob for replying to my post. I appreciate it.

We have a mix of RHEL 3 and RHEL 4 servers. Some of the RHEL 3 nodes cannot be upgraded to RHEL 4 and RHEL 4 nodes cannot be downgraded.
But both RHEL 3 and RHEL 4 servers need to access the GFS filesystem.
I read in the documentation that GFS6.1 needs RHEL4 or later. So GFS6.1 cannot be installed on RHEL 3 nodes. That's why I am trying to get GFS6.0 working on RHEL 4.

Can GFS 6.0 be installed on RHEL 4? If so, can you please provide some pointers. It's very important for us to get this configuration working soon. Please help.

Can RHEL 3 nodes w/ GFS6.0 and rHEL 4 nodes w/GFS6.1 interoperate... I mean can they access the same clustered file system. Probably not. The configuration is much different.

Thanks,
Raj