[Linux-cluster] DLM & RedHat Enterprise Linux

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Tue May 30 15:46:55 UTC 2006

Christos Triantafillou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install DLM (the Distributed Lock Manager) on RedHat
> Enterprise Linux, the 64-bit x86_64 version.
>
> I believe that all the required modules and RPMs are installed but the
> test programs from the RedHat cluster sources give the same error:
> dlm error 2, No such file or directory
> I get this from user tests like: asttest, dlmtest, lstest, pingtest, as
> well as from my own tests.
>
> How can I confirm the proper installation of DLM on this platform and
> get these tests to run?

First, make sure the DLM module is loaded. Then look in /proc/misc to see if
the dlm device has been registered (if the module is loaded then it should be)
and that the protection on the dlm-control and/or dlm_<lockspace> device files
is appropriate.

Also, are you trying to run the tests as non-root? Only root can create a
lockspace so you will need to create the lockspace first (as root) then set
the permissions on the lockspace device for other users to access it.

The default lockspace (as used by dlmtest & asttest) will be created
dynamically, but there is a bug in the current version that prevents non-root
users from creating it.

--

patrick