[Linux-cluster] gfs mounted but not working

romero.cl at gmail.com romero.cl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 00:30:59 UTC 2006

Hi.

I'm trying your method, but still have a problem:

Note: /dev/db2/ is a local partition on my second SCSI hard drive (no RAID)
runing on HP ProLiant

On node3:
# /usr/sbin/vgcreate vg01 /dev/sdb2
  Volume group "vg01" successfully created
# /usr/sbin/vgchange -cy vg01
  Volume group "vg01" is already clustered
# /usr/sbin/lvcreate -n node3_lv -L 67G vg01
  Error locking on node node4: Internal lvm error, check syslog
  Failed to activate new LV.

  --->On node4 log : lvm[6361]: Volume group for uuid not found:
sgufJEs53VJSJTKG0vA1dLHXTthjnFctmfjC6YddzZvY3LI6db300wqEp8H0H58H

Then I can mount /dev/vg01/node3_lv as gfs on node3, but node4 can't view
the new files.

What i'm trying to do is to mount 2 partitions (one on node3, the other on
node4) as one big shared drive using gfs and then expand this to 4 nodes.

Any help is well appreciated!!! (i'm a cluster newbie)
Thanks.

> Hi,
>
> When using GFS in a clustered environment, I strongly recommend you use
LVM