[Linux-cluster] GFS and samba problem in Fedora, again

sandra-llistes sandra-llistes at fib.upc.edu
Tue Nov 7 16:58:59 UTC 2006

Hi Ahbi,

I've proved to install kernel 2.6.10 and GFS from cvs on Fedora 5
because if this software worked for RHES4 It will work also for Fedora.
I have had to recompile the kernel and software, and have some
problems because Fedora has gcc 4 and Red Hat gcc 3.4.6. Now I
succesfully installed it but I'm getting odd errors with ccsd:

Nov  7 16:44:39 nocilla ccsd[15826]: Unable to connect to cluster
infrastructure after 120 seconds.
Nov  7 16:45:09 nocilla ccsd[15826]: Unable to connect to cluster
infrastructure after 150 seconds.
Nov  7 16:45:40 nocilla ccsd[15826]: Unable to connect to cluster
infrastructure after 180 seconds.
Nov  7 16:46:10 nocilla ccsd[15826]: Unable to connect to cluster
infrastructure after 210 seconds.
Nov  7 16:46:40 nocilla ccsd[15826]: Unable to connect to cluster
infrastructure after 240 seconds.
Nov  7 16:47:10 nocilla ccsd[15826]: Unable to connect to cluster
infrastructure after 270 seconds.
Nov  7 16:47:40 nocilla ccsd[15826]: Unable to connect to cluster
infrastructure after 300 seconds.
Nov  7 16:48:10 nocilla ccsd[15826]: Unable to connect to cluster
infrastructure after 330 seconds.
Nov  7 16:48:40 nocilla ccsd[15826]: Unable to connect to cluster
infrastructure after 360 seconds.

cman starts ok and quorum is regained, but ccsd fails. I tried:
[root ~]# ccs_test connect
ccs_connect failed: Connection refused
[root ~]# ccs_test connect force
Force is set.
Connect successful.
  Connection descriptor = 60

Also I tried to start ccsd with -4 and -I parameters with the same
results:
  #ccsd -4 -I 127.0.0.0.1

What could the problem be?
Thanks,