RE: [Linux-cluster] Load balancing

Kovacs, Corey J. cjk at techma.com
Thu Nov 9 16:06:37 UTC 2006

Sorry if this hs been suggested as I've been away and haven't sifted through
all the cruft emails I have.

If I am understanding this correctly, you have the target machine AND the LVS

machines using the same IP address? If so, I don't think this is a correct
LVS
configuration.

In my configs, the only machines that actually have the virtual address as
the
load balancers. They, in turn (using direct routing) forward the packets to
the
target nodes. The target nodes in turn need to be configured to accept
packets
that were not oroginally the target for those pakets.

client
^ |
| ---->incoming --> LVS1 (.10) (virt .15)  --->
|                   LVS2 (.11)                | packets redirected to "real
server address"
                    TGT2 (.13)
                    TGT3 (.14)

If you are using another routing scheme (I believe there are three) this may
not
work. But it works for me.

Hope this helps.

Corey