[Linux-cluster] Quorum disk: Can it be a partition?

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Thu Nov 9 16:17:40 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 13:40 +1000, RR wrote:
> On 10/10/06, Robert Peterson <rpeterso at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Yes.  You definitely want to use shared storage.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Bob Peterson
>
> Hello,
>
> does anyone know if having this quorum disk on an iSCSI SAN which the
> linux nodes can only access through an iscsi-initiator with non-TOE
> NICs would cause any significant CPU usage?

Qdisk is normally used to watch network paths and advertise via a
non-network channel (i.e. a SAN) about a node's viability in the
cluster...

Using qdisk over iSCSI (or gnbd) is doable, but you'd have to have it on
a private, iSCSI-only network for it to make any sense. (i.e. treat the
iSCSI network as a SAN which only has SAN traffic).

I don't know the implications of using TOE vs. non-TOE for your
configuration.  Someone else will have to answer that one.

-- Lon