[Linux-cluster] GFS and samba problem in Fedora, again

sandra-llistes sandra-llistes at fib.upc.edu
Fri Nov 10 13:01:10 UTC 2006

Hi Abhi,

I re-compiled ccsd with debug option, and I attach the logs of each
node. CMAN works ok and quored is regained:
Nov 10 13:30:54 tigreton kernel: CMAN: Waiting to join or form a
Linux-cluster
Nov 10 13:31:24 tigreton kernel: CMAN: sending membership request
Nov 10 13:31:24 tigreton kernel: CMAN: got node nocilla.fib.upc.es
Nov 10 13:31:24 tigreton kernel: CMAN: quorum regained, resuming activity
Nov 10 13:36:45 tigreton kernel: CMAN: we are leaving the cluster. Removed

daemon.log:
Nov 10 13:30:44 tigreton ccsd[3951]: [ccsd.c:87] Unable to create IPv6
socket:: Address family not supported by protocol ---> says that
because I disabled IPV6 (the result with it was the same).
Nov 10 13:30:44 tigreton ccsd[3951]: [ccsd.c:99] Using IPv4
Nov 10 13:30:44 tigreton ccsd[3951]: [ccsd.c:878] Entering
setup_local_socket

In Red Hat documentation there is a daemon called clvmd. We didn't
install because it wasn't in rpms, and seems unuseful because two
nodes sees LVM logical partitions without it. In my test with RHES I
didn't install it also, and GFS+samba worked, but I asked if it could
be a relation between clvmd and locks problems with samba? Do you
think that is important enough to try install it?

We are planning to buy RHES4 because, in test environment GFS and
samba works better, and we're interested in support. Is GFS included
in RHES4 for academic use, or I have to download it from SVN? What
kind of support RH gives if we buy RHES?
Thanks a lot,

Sandra Hernández