[Linux-cluster] AS 4.0 with GFS 6.1 cluster not working

Patel, Tushar tushar.patel at bofasecurities.com
Mon Nov 13 18:04:47 UTC 2006

Hello,

We have lot of AS 4.0 GFS 6.0 clusters in our firm working fine.
However recently we are upgrading our clusters to GFS 6.1

>From what we have seen so far is once we upgraded to GFS 6.1 our
failover test is failing.

So far we have conducted failover tests using 2 scenario
1.) Manually reboot one of the node in cluster using HP-iLO interface
sending fence_ilo command from one of the nodes - the command works fine
and host does reboot.
2.) Pulling out network cables of one of the host in the cluster.

We have 4 node cluster.

Problem is with either of the above tests, gfs hangs and clustat starts
reporting only member information. No service information.
Clustat displays following message:

"Timeout : Resource Manager not responding"

The gfs just keeps hanging for untill we manually intervene and bring
the halted node up.

It seems fencing is not working or rgmanager is flawed and cannot
process/parse information.

Has anybody experienced this situation? Any remedy?

-Thanks
Tushar