[Linux-cluster] iLO device as fencing device

Riaan van Niekerk riaan at obsidian.co.za
Wed Nov 22 09:55:18 UTC 2006

Fabrizio Lippolis wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> does anybody has experience configuring the HP iLO (Integrated
> Lights-Out) device as fencing device? How does it work?
>
> Fabrizio

hi Fabrizio

yes, we use it. And it works pretty well.
some tips:

- we have an account, cluster, which only has power state priveleges.
the syntax is as follows (in the HP management shell):
cd /map1/accounts
create username=cluster password=passw0rd group=oemhp_power

- use at least firmware version 1.84

- the Cluster Suite manual is pretty complete w.r.t. setting up the iLO
as a fence_ilo fencing device in the system-config-cluster GUI. If you
dont use the GUI, the syntax is
<fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="node1-rac" login="cluster"
name="node1-rac" passwd="passw0rd"/>

greetings
Riaan