[Linux-cluster] accessing files on gfs caused fatal error, gfs on both boxes crumbles..

Greg Swift gsml at netops.gvtc.com
Wed Nov 29 05:51:17 UTC 2006

The gfs share was responding fine for the most part. Not sure if this is
related to the postfix question I asked, but a I was moving files back
and forth manually (just getting the boxes setup running the same things
and configured the same way), I placed something on the share from
server 2 (goumang), then when i tried to access it via box 1(rushou)
things went bad.

I had placed the source for one of the apps that I am going to install
(rather small thing) on the share, ran ./configure and voila..

[root at rushou rabl_client-1.0.0]# ./configure \
 > --prefix=/ \
 > --exec-prefix=/usr \
 > --includedir=/usr/include
-bash: ./configure: Permission denied
[root at rushou rabl_client-1.0.0]#
[root at rushou rabl_client-1.0.0]# ls -l
ls: .: Input/output error
[root at rushou rabl_client-1.0.0]# ls -lZ
ls: .: Input/output error

I tried restarting gfs2 on rushou, and it worked once, went back into
the directory, ran it again (hey, gotta replicate it right?) and same
thing, except on restart i got this:
[root at rushou mnt]# service gfs2 restart
Unmounting GFS2 filesystems: [ OK ]
FATAL: Module lock_dlm is in use.
FATAL: Module gfs2 is in use.
Mounting GFS2 filesystems: /sbin/mount.gfs2: error: jid is -2, try rw
/sbin/mount.gfs2: error mounting lockproto lock_dlm
[FAILED]

Then when i tried to do anything on the gfs mount on goumang... LOCK.

So maybe running a configure from the gfs drive wasnt so bright... but
in theory with the load i plan on hitting this thing with (mail server)
I would hope a small configure setup wouldnt cause to much issue.

i've attached the info from /var/log/messages

[root at rushou /]# uname -a
Linux rushou.sgc 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6 #1 SMP Fri Nov 10 12:36:14 EST 2006
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[root at rushou /]# rpm -qa | grep gfs
gfs2-utils-0.1.7-1.fc6
[root at rushou /]# rpm -qa | grep cman
cman-2.0.18-2.fc6
[root at rushou /]# rpm -qa | grep lvm
lvm2-2.02.06-4
lvm2-cluster-2.02.06-1.5
system-config-lvm-1.0.18-1.2.FC6

any other information that would be useful?

-greg

--
http://www.gvtc.com
--

“only he who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.” -anonymous