[Linux-cluster] Re: Hard lockups during file transfer to GNBD/GFS device

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 12:45:27 UTC 2006

On 9/29/06, David Brieck Jr. <dbrieck at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/28/06, David Teigland <teigland at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Could you try it without multipath?  You have quite a few layers there.
> > Dave
> >

> Thanks for the response. I unloaded gfs, clvm, gnbd and multipath, the
> reloaded gnbd, clvm and gfs. It was only talking to one of the gnbd
> servers and without multipath. Here's the log from this crash. It
> seems to have more info in it.
>
> I'm kinda confused why it still has references to mulitpath though. I
> unloaded the multipath module so I'm not sure why it's still in there.
> SNIP

Since I didn't hear back from anyone I decided to try things a little
differently. Instead of rsyncing on the local machine, I ran the rsync
from another cluster member who also mounts the same partition I was
trying to move things too.

So instead of

rsync -a /path/to/files/ /mnt/http/

I used

rsync -a root at 10.1.1.121::/path/to/files/  /mnt/http/

and I didn't have a crash at all. Why would this not cause a problem
when the first one did? Is this more of an rsync problem maybe? I do
have 2 NFS exports, could those have been causing the problem?

Thanks.