[Linux-cluster] Unable to connect to cluster infrastructure - cluster died

Roger Peña Escobio orkcu at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 12:58:16 UTC 2006

--- Matteo Catanese <m.catanese at kinetikon.com> wrote:

> This is the latest cman:
>
> [root at lvzbe1 kernel]# rpm -qil
> cman-kernel-smp-2.6.9-45.5
> Name        : cman-kernel-smp
> cman-kernel-smp - The Cluster Manager kernel smp
> modules
> /lib/modules/2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp/kernel/cluster

/lib/modules/2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp/kernel/cluster/cman.ko

/lib/modules/2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp/kernel/cluster/cman.symvers
> [root at lvzbe1 kernel]#
>

> and this is the latest dlm:
>
> rpm -qil dlm-kernel-smp-2.6.9-44.2
> Name        : dlm-kernel-smp
> dlm-kernel-smp - The Distributed Lock Manager
> kernel-smp modules.

/lib/modules/2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp/kernel/cluster/dlm.ko

/lib/modules/2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp/kernel/cluster/dlm.symvers

> Luckily this is not (yet) a production system, and i
> REALLY hope i
> did something wrong, even if im sure i did not.

I think you didn't, but maybe next time you might
double check if the lastes cluster kernel module are
as updated as the lastest kernel from redhat ;-)

> Can i download cman-kernel-src.rpm and
> dlm-kernel.src.rpm and compile
> myself, while waiting for answers from you ?

I think you might try to copy the cluster kernel
module from the old kernel to the new one, them run
depmod (if you are not running the lasted kernel at
that time check the depmod man page to update just the
new kernel's module dependencies)

just a workaround until you get the right package from
redhat

cu
roger