[Linux-cluster] virtual address went down?

jason at monsterjam.org jason at monsterjam.org
Wed Oct 18 20:32:08 UTC 2006

> > so Ive had a test cluster running for quite a while now, both nodes of a 2 node cluster are up,
> > but the virtual address seems to have disappeared.. its not pingable, neither server has it
> > configured anymore..
>
> You're using 'ip addr list', not 'ifconfig' to look for it, right?
actually, I was using ifconfig, I forgot that you need to use ip addr
list.. my mistake.. but the address was for sure not pingable.

> > The only application I had using the virtual address was apache (just for
> > testing it). what logs/information should I be looking at to see what happened and why?
>
> Firewall bits?
not sure what you mean here..

> What kind of ethernet cards do you have, out of curiosity, and are they
> in any sort of bonding configuration?

[jason at tf1 ~]$ lspci | grep -i ether
02:0c.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82557/8/9 [Ethernet Pro
100] (rev 0d)
06:07.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82541GI/PI Gigabit
Ethernet Controller (rev 05)
07:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82541GI/PI Gigabit
Ethernet Controller (rev 05)

im not doing any bonding..

Jason

|    Jason Welsh   jason at monsterjam.org        |