[Linux-cluster] Problem starting cluster

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Thu Oct 19 16:32:30 UTC 2006

I'm not seeing any of these...

Oct 19 11:22:07 dev ccsd[4478]: Initial status:: Inquorate
Oct 19 11:22:11 dev kernel: CMAN: sending membership request
Oct 19 11:22:11 dev kernel: CMAN: Cluster membership rejected
Oct 19 11:22:11 dev ccsd[4478]: Cluster manager shutdown.  Attemping to
reconnect...
Oct 19 11:22:11 dev kernel: CMAN: Waiting to join or form a Linux-cluster
Oct 19 11:22:11 dev kernel: CMAN: sending membership request
Oct 19 11:22:11 dev kernel: CMAN: Cluster membership rejected
Oct 19 11:22:12 dev clvmd: Can't open cluster manager socket: Network is down
Oct 19 11:22:16 dev ccsd[4478]: Unable to connect to cluster infrastructure
after 30 seconds.
Oct 19 11:22:46 dev ccsd[4478]: Unable to connect to cluster infrastructure
after 60 seconds.
[root at dev new]#

I tried starting on two nodes. The third, which has the same cluster.conf file
is now waiting for fence_tool cluster quorum.  This node however is now in the
cluster but the others don't see it or join.

I'm also getting this lockfile error;

Failed to create lockfile.
Hint: ccsd is already running.
Timed-out waiting for cluster
fence_tool: cluster is not active
clvmd could not connect to cluster manager
Consult syslog for more information
  No volume groups found
mount: special device /dev/vgcomp/rimfire does not exist

(I'm aware of the missing volume, working on the cluster first).

Mike