[Linux-cluster] Updating cluster.conf

Barry Brimer lists at brimer.org
Fri Oct 20 14:06:27 UTC 2006

> I keep updating the file but the old one keeps coming back. Since I'm not able
> to start the cluster, I cannot run the commands;
>
> ccs_tool update /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
> cman_tool version -r x

You could scp the cluster.conf to the member machines.  Make sure you are
updating the version number in your cluster.conf.  If you can use the old
cluster.conf, you could then use system-config-cluster to update your
cluster configuration which will propogate the new file for you.  Make
sure you inspect /var/log/messages .. it can be very helpful.  Make sure
that no new iptables firewall rules could be getting in your way.

Hope this helps.

Barry