[Linux-cluster] Multiple Logical Volumes

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Fri Oct 27 06:09:43 UTC 2006

> gfs_tool sb /dev/<device> table cluster:new_name

Interesting, so, what does one do when they have more than one GFS drive that
they want all nodes to have access to?
My cluster.conf file has vgcomp in it as the cluster name yet I need a unique
name for each storage if I need to keep them separate.

# lvscan
  ACTIVE            '/dev/VolGroup03/qm' [745.76 GB] inherit
  ACTIVE            '/dev/VolGroup02/web' [745.76 GB] inherit
  ACTIVE            '/dev/VolGroup01/rimfire' [572.72 GB] inherit

All of my nodes have vgcomp as the name of the cluster yet some need access to
one or more of the devices above. Can I add or do I need multiple names in the
cluster.conf file in order to allow the system to mount any of these?

Because, for example, trying to mount the following leads to the denied error,
it seems, because the cluster is expecting vgcomp.

# mount -t gfs /dev/VolGroup01/rimfire /gfs/rimfire/
mount: permission denied

Mike