[Linux-cluster] Network-attached power switches for RHCS

Mohd Irwan Jamaluddin irwan at magnifix.com.my
Mon Oct 30 02:14:17 UTC 2006

Good day guys,

I would like to have your opinion regarding Network-attached power
switches for Red Hat Cluster Suite (RHCS). I know there are 2 main
brands available; APC & WTI. Both of them are having several models.

Below are my finding:

APC: MasterSwitch plus, 1U, 15A, 120V, (8)5-15 (AP9225)
http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?
base_sku=AP9225&ISOCountryCode=us

APC: MasterSwitch plus exp, 1U, 15A, 120V, (8)5-15 (AP9225EXP)
http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?
base_sku=AP9225EXP#

WTI: NetReach™ Model IPS-800
http://www.wti.com/specsnr/ips8spex.htm

WTI: NetReach™ Model IPS-800-CE
http://www.wti.com/specsnr/ips8cespex.htm

>From your experience, which one is better in term or performance,
reliability & value? If you have any other suggestion, please don't
hesitate to let me know.

Thanks.

--
Regards,