[Linux-cluster] is necesary to to build GFS on top of LVM ?

Matthew B. Brookover mbrookov at mines.edu
Fri Sep 1 19:11:44 UTC 2006

I have an iscsi scan that would not work with out LVM.  As with your EMC
SAN I can expand a volume and expand a GFS file system within it.  Where
I get into trouble is identifying the volumes after a reboot.  What
was /dev/sdb may be /dev/sdc next time.  LVM allows you to name your
volumes and helps to track them down when the system is restarted.
There are similar problems when SCSI ID numbers get swapped around.

Matt