[Linux-cluster] CMAN and interface

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Thu Sep 7 14:10:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 01:50:23PM +0100, O'Sullivan, Damian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I ensure that CMAN uses a specific interface? I have a 2 node
> cluster with 6 ethernet interfaces. I have a cross over cable beween the
> 2 eth0 interfaces on both nodes. All other interfaces are connected to a
> common switch with VLANs for each interface. When this switch is
> reloaded/rebooted the nodes try to fence each other and soon as the
> switch comes back each node is shutdown by the fencing agent.
>
> I see there is a way with multicast but is that the only way and how
> does one set up addresses for this?

The node names in cluster.conf should be the name assigned to the
interface you want cman/dlm to use for heartbeating/locking.  So, in your
case it sounds like you should use the name of the address on eth0 in
cluster.conf (I think you can use IP addresses as node names, too, but I'm
not certain.)

Dave