[Linux-cluster] clustat problem

Filipe Miranda filipe.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 17:16:12 UTC 2006

Hello Celso,

Well, your suggestion might be the solution to the problem, but since I
think its a quorum latency problem, would the parameters "cludb -p
clumemb%rtp 50" and "cludb -p cluquorumd%rtp 50" help on this this issue?
I was digging into the Cluster Suite documentation and I found these
parameters.
Would those help on this issue without changing the heartbeat method?

Also take a look in this Kbase bellow, it has some interesting tunning
parameters for Red Hat's Clsuter Suite v3:
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_79_7722.shtm

Regards,
Filipe Miranda

On 9/7/06, Celso K. Webber <celso at webbertek.com.br> wrote:

> Hi Filipe!
>
> I think your case is a little bit different from Jordi's case, since you
> are using Cluster Suite v3 and he is using v4.
>
> From my own experience, under CSv3 I had this kind o problem when using
> high latency quorum devices. So I had to change from disk tiebraker to
> network tiebraker. I imagine you're using disk tiebraker, aren't you?
>
> Please, would someone please confirm that Filipe's case could be solved
> by changing the heartbeat method? It worked for me in the past, but I'm
> not pretty sure that this was the actual solution.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Celso.
>
> Filipe Miranda escreveu:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'm having the same problem!
> > I'm using RHEL3.8 for Itanium and RedHat Cluster Suite U8. The cluster
> > is composed of 2 HP 4CPUs servers and we are using an EMC ClarionCX700
> > to hold the quorum partitions and data partitions.
> > One more thing that I noticed, eventhough the members are shown ative on
> > both nodes, any action on the node that shows the active service does
> > not get propagated to the other member.
> >
> > I already checked the configuration of the rawdevices, and I also used
> > the shutil utility and it reported no problems with the quorum
> partitions.
> >
> > Does anybody have any suggestions?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >

> > On 9/2/06, *Jordi Prats Català* <jprats at cesca.es
> > <mailto:jprats at cesca.es> > wrote:
> >
> >     Hi,
> >     I'm getting different outputs of clustat utility on each node:
> >
> >     node1:
> >     # clustat
> >     Member Status: Quorate
> >
> >       Member Name                              Status
> >       ------ ----                              ------
> >       node1                                    Online, Local, rgmanager
> >       node2                                    Online, rgmanager
> >
> >       Service Name         Owner (Last)                   State
> >       ------- ----         ----- ------                   -----
> >       ptoheczas            node2                          started
> >       xoqil                node2                          started
> >       ymsgh                node1                          started
> >       vofcvhas             node2                          started
> >
> >     node2:
> >     # clustat
> >     Member Status: Quorate
> >
> >       Member Name                              Status
> >       ------ ----                              ------
> >       node1                                    Online, rgmanager
> >       node2                                    Online, Local, rgmanager
> >

> >     (disappears service's info)
> >
> >     Rebooting disapears this problem (displays same info in both nodes)
> for
> >     a few weeks. After that it appears again.
> >
> >     Do you know what's going on?
> >
> >     Thanks,
> >
> >     --

> >             __
> [...]