[Linux-cluster] Two node cluster: node cannot connect to clusterinfrastructure

Huesser Peter peter.huesser at psi.ch
Fri Sep 8 09:25:30 UTC 2006

I forgot to mention, that I first execute "/etc/init.d/ccsd start" on
all servers and afterwards "/etc/init.d/cman start". In the
"/var/log/messages" file I see (after some time) a line like "Cluster is
quorate. Allowing connections" which sounds interesting but already on
the next line I see "Cluster manager shutdown. Attempting to
reconnect...". Later I only have the entries you see  below.

Pedro

Hello

I try to make a two node cluster run. Unfortunately if I run the
"/etc/init.d/cman start" command I get in "/var/log/messages" entries
like:

    Connected to cluster infrastruture via: CMAN/SM Plugin v1.1.5

    Initial status:: Inquorate

    Cluster manager shutdown.  Attemping to reconnect...

    Connected to cluster infrastruture via: CMAN/SM Plugin v1.1.5

    Initial status:: Inquorate

    Cluster manager shutdown.  Attemping to reconnect...

"dmesg" shows:

    CMAN: sendmsg failed: -13

    CMAN: sendmsg failed: -13

    CMAN: sendmsg failed: -13

    CMAN: forming a new cluster

    CMAN: quorum regained, resuming activity

    CMAN: sendmsg failed: -13

    CMAN: No functional network interfaces, leaving cluster

    CMAN: sendmsg failed: -13

    CMAN: we are leaving the cluster.

    CMAN: Waiting to join or form a Linux-cluster

    CMAN: sendmsg failed: -13

The "/etc/hosts" file is correctly set up. "iptables" are disabled
("service iptables stop"). The "cluster.conf" file looks like:

    <?xml version="1.0" ?>

    <cluster config_version="6" name="test_cluster">

            <fence_daemon post_fail_delay="0" post_join_delay="20"/>

            <clusternodes>

                    <clusternode name="server01" votes="1">

                            <fence>

                                    <method name="1">

                                            <device name="server01man"/>

                                    </method>

                            </fence>

                    </clusternode>

                    <clusternode name="server02" votes="1">

                            <fence>

                                    <method name="1">

                                            <device name="server02man"/>

                                    </method>

                            </fence>

                    </clusternode>

            </clusternodes>

            <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>

            <fencedevices>

                    <fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="server01"
login="root" name="server01man" passwd="password"/>

                    <fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="server02"
login="root" name="server02man" passwd="password"/>

            </fencedevices>

            <rm>

                    <failoverdomains/>

                    <resources/>

            </rm>

    </cluster>

I found a thread about this topic in June and August but these did not
help me. Any ideas what could be wrong. Sorry, it is possible that I
make a complete stupid error (this is my first cluster I set up).

Thanks' for any help

            Pedro