[Linux-cluster] system-config-cluster problem

James Parsons jparsons at redhat.com
Mon Sep 11 14:40:12 UTC 2006

Matteo Catanese wrote:

> I've setup a cluster some month ago.
>
> Cluster is working , but still not in production.
>
> Today, after summer break, i did all the updates for my rhat and CS
>
> First i disabled all services, then i patched one machine and
> rebooted, then the other one and rebooted.
>

> Cluster works perfectly:
>

> [root at lvzbe1 ~]# uname -a
> Linux lvzbe1.lavazza.it 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Aug 17 18:00:32
> EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
> [root at lvzbe1 ~]# clustat -v
> clustat version 1.9.53
> Connected via: CMAN/SM Plugin v1.1.7.1
> [root at lvzbe1 ~]# clustat
> Member Status: Quorate
>
>   Member Name                              Status
>   ------ ----                              ------
>   lvzbe1                                   Online, Local, rgmanager
>   lvzbe2                                   Online, rgmanager
>
>   Service Name         Owner (Last)                   State
>   ------- ----         ----- ------                   -----
>   oracle               lvzbe1                         started
> [root at lvzbe1 ~]#
>

> But when i try to run system-config-cluster,it pops out:
>
> Poorly Formed XML error
> A problem was encoutered while reading configuration file /etc/
> cluster/clluster.conf.
> Details or the error appear below. Click the "New" button to create a
> new configuration file.
> To continue anyway(Not Recommended!), click the "ok" button.
>

> Relax-NG validity error : Extra element rm in interleave
> /etc/cluster/cluster.conf:35: element rm: Relax-NG validity error :
> Element cluster failed to validate content
> /etc/cluster/cluster.conf fails to validate

Hi Matteo,

Here is why the conf file is failing validation:
In your conf lines specifying your two FS's, you have an fstype
attribute but no fsid attribute. I spoke with Lon, who is the Grand
Resource Guru, and he says that the two should be exclusive, that is, an
fsid should not be necessary just because you are specifying an fstype.
So this is a bug in the relaxNG schema validation file. A fix for this
will be in the next update, and until then, using the conf file that you
attached, please just disregard the warning message. For completeness
sake, I am attaching a fixed version of the relaxNG file that you can
drop into /usr/share/system-config-cluster/misc, if you want.

Thanks for finding this issue.

-Jim