[Linux-cluster] CLVMD - Do I need it???

HAWKER, Dan dan.hawker at astrium.eads.net
Tue Sep 12 08:25:33 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Have an EMC SAN unit on the way. I plan to use it as the central store for a
couple of servers setup as a cluster, using GFS. As the SAN unit can handle
all of its own Logical Volume management natively, I presume I don't have to
use/implement CLVMD and hence can cut one layer of complexity in the disk
structure away.

Am I correct in this assumption, or does GFS/RHCS need to use CLVMD in its
configuration???

TIA

Dan

--

Dan Hawker
Linux System Administrator

If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate or otherwise deal with it.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.