[Linux-cluster] Can't mount multiple GFS volumes?

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Thu Sep 14 15:29:37 UTC 2006

>> I have a need for non contiguous storage and wish to mount multiple GFS
>> logical volumes. However, I cannot seem to get past this following error
>> and others related.

>When you created the GFS volumes using gfs_mkfs did you give them different
>names? All filesystems in a cluster must have unique names.

Yes, I did.

I wanted all storage in the vgcomp group but I wanted each to be on it's own
and not contiguous.
So I did;

gfs_mkfs -p lock_dlm -t vgcomp:gfscomp -j 16 /dev/vgcomp/rimfire
and
gfs_mkfs -p lock_dlm -t vgcomp:gfs -j 16 /dev/vgcomp/str1

Now, I can only mount one or the other and not both. If I try to mouth both, I
get the errors I posted. I'll repost the errors so it's all in one msg.

-Command
# mount -t gfs /dev/vgcomp/str1 /lvstr1
mount: File exists
#

-In Error Log
Sep 12 16:22:22 dev kernel: GFS: Trying to join cluster "lock_dlm",
"vgcomp:gfscomp"
Sep 12 16:22:22 dev kernel: dlm: gfscomp: lockspace already in use
Sep 12 16:22:22 dev kernel: lock_dlm: new lockspace error -17

Mike