[Linux-cluster] Troubles to install GFS on Debian

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Wed Sep 20 23:22:16 UTC 2006

Jeronimo,

I suspect you have old kernel include headers which did not support the
uevent mechanism.  For example on my 2.6.9 kernel I am using with 2.6.9
include headers, there is no support for uevents.  You can work around
this problem by defining NETLINK_KOBJECT_UEVENT to be whatever value is
in your kernel (found in include/linux/netlink.h in your new kernel
sources you are installing) in main.c.  Alternatively you could upgrade
your kernel include headers. You didn't state which version of debian
you are using, but updating the kernel headers could cause problems, so
I'd stick with the workaround above.

You should also verify your kernel supports uevents.  This can be done
by checking for a copy of the file lib/kobject_uevent.c within the
kernel source tree.  It also needs to be enabled in the kernel
configuration options.  I would expect debian unstable and also FC6 to
support these features.

Regards
-steve