[Linux-cluster] When is a failed node fenced

Huesser Peter peter.huesser at psi.ch
Sat Sep 23 19:53:24 UTC 2006

Hello

Maybe I do not understand the concept of fencing in the right way. I
created a two node cluster with a webservice running on it. The failover
works fine now. I also configured a fencing device (ipmilan). Fencing by
hand works also fine (using a command like: "fence_ipmilan -a server_con
-l loginname -p my_passwort -o off") but if I initiate a failover on one
of the nodes I expect the services to switch to the other node (which
works) and to let this node shutdown the failed node. The second does
not happen. Any idea?

Thanks

            Pedro