RE: [Linux-cluster] General FC Question

Kovacs, Corey J. cjk at techma.com
Tue Sep 26 11:44:00 UTC 2006

One more thing, when using more than one path (basically anyu san setup) the
device
mappings will wrap around for every path, so for two paths... single hba,
dual controller..

three disks will look like this...

disk1=/dev/sda
disk2=/dev/sdb
disk3=/dev/sdc
disk1=/dev/sdd
disk2=/dev/sde
disk3=/dev/sde

and four like this..

disk1=/dev/sda
disk2=/dev/sdb
disk3=/dev/sdc
disk4=/dev/sdd
disk1=/dev/sde
disk2=/dev/sde
disk3=/dev/sdf
disk4=/dev/sdg

Or for dual hba, dual controller (4 paths)

disk1=/dev/sda
disk2=/dev/sdb
disk3=/dev/sdc
disk4=/dev/sdd
disk1=/dev/sde
disk2=/dev/sde
disk3=/dev/sdf
disk4=/dev/sdg
disk1=/dev/sdh
disk2=/dev/sdi
disk3=/dev/sdj
disk4=/dev/sdk
disk1=/dev/sdl
disk2=/dev/sdm
disk3=/dev/sdn
disk4=/dev/sdo

etc...

Cheers

With the Qlogic drivers in failover mode, you'll get this..

disk1=/dev/sda
disk2=/dev/sdb
disk3=/dev/sdc
disk4=/dev/sdd