[Linux-cluster] General FC Question

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Tue Sep 26 13:32:00 UTC 2006

> You don't say which FC cards you are using but if it's qlogic, then the
> driver can be set to combine the devices. Basically whats happened is that
>your machine is picking up the alternate path to the device, which is a
>perfectly valid thing to do, it's just not what you need at this point. It
>may be as simple as your

The cards are all Qlogic, the switch is going to be an ED-5000 next week, the
storage is mostly Xyratex chassis.

>secondary controller actually has the lun you are trying to access. To work
>around yo might just be able to reset the seconday controller and force the
>primary to take over the LUN. This happens quite a bit depending on your
>setup.

I do have options on the Xyratex to combine the two controllers into one
number but that's the loop ID. Not sure I've seen anything for LUN control
yet.

> Even without failover, the latest Qlogic drivers will make both paths active
> so that you never end up with a dead path upon boot up.

Path's seem fine, I mean, the storage does show up. It's just that my initial
device has moved to another /dev/sdx number. In another message, am I to
understand that once the physical device is set up and running as a GFS
volume, that LVM2 will always see it no matter if the /dev number changes?

I'll also have to look into your suggestions.

Thank you very much.

Mike