[Linux-cluster] Files are there, but not.

Jaap Dijkshoorn jaap at sara.nl
Tue Sep 26 14:02:11 UTC 2006

Hi All,

We are running a GFS / NFS cluster with 5 fileservers. Each server
exports the same storage as a different NFS server. nfs1, nfs2....nfs5

On nodes that mount on nfs1 we have the following problem:

root# ls -l
ls: CHGCAR: No such file or directory
ls: CHG: No such file or directory
ls: WAVECAR: No such file or directory
total 17616
-rw-------  1 xxxxxxxx yyy    1612 Sep 26 15:43 CONTCAR
-rw-------  1 xxxxxxxx yyy    167 Sep 26 14:11 DOSCAR

Other fileservers display the 3 missing files normally and they are
accessible. On the fileservers we also get these kind messages:

h_update: A.TCNQ/CHGCAR already up-to-date!
fh_update: A.TCNQ/CHGCAR already up-to-date!
fh_update: A.TCNQ/CHGCAR already up-to-date!
fh_update: A.TCNQ/CHGCAR already up-to-date!
fh_update: A.TCNQ/WAVECAR already up-to-date!
fh_update: A.TCNQ/WAVECAR already up-to-date!
fh_update: A.TCNQ/WAVECAR already up-to-date!
fh_update: A+B/CHGCAR already up-to-date!
fh_update: A+B/CHGCAR already up-to-date!
fh_update: A+B/CHGCAR already up-to-date!
fh_update: A+B/WAVECAR already up-to-date!

I don't know where to start looking to trac this problem. If i reboot
the nfs1 server the problem is gone, but in time the problem comes back
with other files, until now on the same fileserver.

Maybe someone has seen this problem before?

We use GFS version CVS 1.0.3 stable. with kernel 2.6.17.11

Met vriendelijke groet, Kind Regards,

Jaap P. Dijkshoorn
Systems Programmer
mailto:jaap at sara.nl    http://home.sara.nl/~jaapd