RE: [Linux-cluster] General FC Question

Kovacs, Corey J. cjk at techma.com
Tue Sep 26 15:19:41 UTC 2006

I'd say LUN.  If you cat out /proc/scsi/scsi you'll see the luns are
repeated. The qlogic
based failover doesn't have anything to do with settings on the SAN
(combining luns etc)
it does it at the scsi layer (on the host). sort of like "secure path" from
HP. What you
are seeing is the presence of both paths by the driver. The RedHat qlogic
driver seems a
bit crippled since they'd (and the upstream kernel devs) would rather you
used the
device mapper multipath solution instead.

The path of least resistence is to get the qlogic drivers from the qlogic
site (not the
stock redhat drivers) and install them.

A better long term solution is prolly to go ahead and figure out the
multipath device mapper
stuff.

Cheers.

Corey