[Linux-cluster] Cluster maintenance mode ?

Mark Hlawatschek hlawatschek at atix.de
Mon Apr 2 14:35:27 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 18:01:04 you wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 05:48:25PM +0200, Mark Hlawatschek wrote:
> > Is there a way to put the cman into a kind of maintenance mode, where
> > only one node is up and no other node is allowed to join ?  If not, are
> > there plans to implement something like that ?
> >
> > The question is adressing the following issue: I'd like to enable
> > automatic GFS filesystem checks. (localfs like every Nth mount or after
> > M days... ) This FS check would only be allowed if no other node has the
> > filesystem mounted or no other node is in the cluster. How can this be
> > assured in a general way ?

Is there a possibility to do an online passive gfs_fsck, without making
changes to the filesystem ?

Thanks,

Mark

--
Gruss / Regards,

Dipl.-Ing. Mark Hlawatschek
http://www.atix.de/
http://www.open-sharedroot.org/

**
ATIX - Ges. fuer Informationstechnologie und Consulting mbH
Einsteinstr. 10 - 85716 Unterschleissheim - Germany