[Linux-cluster] fenced not working

James Parsons jparsons at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 19:24:11 UTC 2007

Nuno Fernandes wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've created an rhel5 cluster using 2 servers connected to an CX3-20. I've
>successfully used multipath.
>
>I'm trying to install cluster sw. I've created the cluster with this
>configuration (generated by system-config-cluster):

You do not have the fence instanced beneath the nodes telling fenced
what to use for which node. Do this:

><?xml version="1.0" ?>
><cluster config_version="2" name="cluster">
>        <fence_daemon post_fail_delay="0" post_join_delay="3"/>
>        <clusternodes>
>                <clusternode name="xen1.server.pt" nodeid="1" votes="1">

                                 <fence>
                                   <method="1">
                                      <device name="xen1"/>
                                  </method>
                                </fence>

>                </clusternode>
>                <clusternode name="xen2.server.pt" nodeid="2" votes="1">

                                 <fence>
                                   <method="1">
                                      <device name="xen2"/>
                                  </method>
                                </fence>

>                </clusternode>
>        </clusternodes>
>        <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>
>        <fencedevices>
>                <fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="xen1_ilo"
>login="user" name="xen1" passwd="password"/>
>                <fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="xen2_ilo"
>login="user" name="xen2" passwd="password"/>
>        </fencedevices>
>        <rm>
>                <failoverdomains/>
>                <resources/>
>        </rm>
></cluster>

In s-c-cluster, you would do this by clicking on a node and then
selecting "Manage fencing for this Node" and then adding a new fence
level and then adding a fence to the new level...the dropdown will list
all configured fencedevices...just choose the correct one for that node.

-J