[Linux-cluster] problem with deadlocked processes (D)

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 13:59:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 09:49:52AM -0400, rhurst at bidmc.harvard.edu wrote:
> Are these two kernel sysctl parameters recommended to be enabled all the
> time, particularly with production GFS/clustered systems, or only for
> dev/test systems for debugging purposes?  Thanks.

> > echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq

* This enables sysrq

> > echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger

* This is the same as pressing Alt+SysRq+t at the console, but can be
done from a remote session

Sometimes it's helpful to leave sysrq enabled, but it's really up to
you.  I usually just enable it when I need to.  If you want to
permanently enable it (which shouldn't hurt anything at all), edit
/etc/sysctl.conf

-- Lon