[Linux-cluster] disable cluster startup after a reboot

garylua at singnet.com.sg garylua at singnet.com.sg
Fri Apr 13 02:29:14 UTC 2007

Hi,i've a question which may or may not berelated to redhat clustering.

Assuming I have 4 machines, cluster A consists of 2 machines and Cluster B the other 2 machines. In this scenario, cluster A is up and running and has a virtual ip assigned to the cluster. Is there any way i can prevent cluster B from starting up its cluster service when i reboot or power on the machines at cluster B when it detects that cluster A is up and running?

I assume i need to insert some sort of "ping" script at linux startup to achieve my aim. As in if a machine n cluster B is starting up and when it can ping the virtual ip of cluster A, it should not start its own cluster service. But i'm really poor at scripting. Can somebody help me out on this? Thanks in advance.