[Linux-cluster] fence option problem

James Parsons jparsons at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 13:36:01 UTC 2007

Marco Minato wrote:

> Hi all guys,
>
> I've some problem to change the default action of a fence action.
> I want the cluster to shutdown the not-responding node instead of
> reboot it.
>
> I've tried to change the default action of the script "fence_apc" but
> it seems not to be used from the cluster (as I've renemed it and still
> working).
>
> I'm interested to change the action on the plugin.. How is it possible?
>
> Thanks.

In the conf file, in the <device> section, under the clusternode, where
you are specifying the port (outlet) # on your apc switch, include an
attribute stating option="Off", and the node should stay off when
fenced. If it does not, then you need to look towards the bios settings
on the system.

If you want, XXX out your passwords for your devices and send along your
conf file. I will help you add the attribute.

-Jim