[Linux-cluster] Cluster software availability for FC6?

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 13 19:43:31 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-12 at 14:29 -0400, Jim Parsons wrote:
> Hi Greg, thanks for your interest. Mixing OS versions in a cluster can
> be a tricky business. Granted that RHEL5 is an immediate descendent of
> fc6 and all, everything should be OK - but there is still a broader
> possibility for an issue to arise when doing a hybrid thing, imho.

Thanks for your answer.  I'm planning to run FC6 on all the cluster
nodes (although they will begin as paravirtual guest images on an RHEL5
host), but that plan is driven by the requirements of a few nodes in
particular.

> All base cluster suite packages plus GFS and CLVM are built and
> available with fc6. The conga component you are referring to is a
> management interface.

I can certainly live without Conga, but of the cluster components I see
packaged with RHEL5, some other key ones appear to be missing on FC6,
particularly:

gndb and kmod-gnbd
gfs-utils and kmod-gfs

I do see cman, rgmanager, system-config-cluster, and ipvsadm.

Apologies in advance if I'm just not looking in the correct places.