[Linux-cluster] Samba on GFS problems changing directory ACLs

Marc Grimme grimme at atix.de
Wed Apr 18 12:07:23 UTC 2007

Hi,
what GFS version are you using?
That was a bug in old GFS versions when setting acls (IMHO kernel >
2.6.9-43.x.y shoud have this fixed).
Marc.
On Wednesday 18 April 2007 13:43:50 Christian Brandes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while testing Samba on a GFS, I found out some thing new:
>
> When changing properties of a Samba on GFS directory in Windows Explorer
> an error message is displayed.
> properties-->security and then any change
> When you click on "Accept" it is shown something like:
>
> "Permissions for <directory name> could not be saved. Access denied."
>
> When you then click on "Cancel" and reopen properties-->security, you
> see all changes have been committed as desired.
> So it is not a real error, but an ugly false error message, that just
> causes confusion.
>
> This does not happen at all with ext3 and with GFS, only when changing
> directory attributes, not file attributes.
>
> Did anyone see that before?
>
> Best regards
> 	Christian

Gruss / Regards,

Marc Grimme
Phone: +49-89 452 3538-14
http://www.atix.de/               http://www.open-sharedroot.org/

**
ATIX - Ges. fuer Informationstechnologie und Consulting mbH
Einsteinstr. 10 - 85716 Unterschleissheim - Germany

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München
Registernummer: HRB 131682
USt.-Id.: DE209485962

Geschäftsführung: Marc Grimme, Mark Hlawatschek, Thomas Merz