[Linux-cluster] multiple network interfaces

Benoit Galopin galopin at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:23:56 UTC 2007

We're using two network Nic's bonded for production in a 3 node
RH4EL update 2 cluster. There are 5 clustered services, 3 of them
are Oracle 9i databases on ext3 filesystems (no GFS here).

However, we encounter short network failures, and we does'nt know
why, for instance.

The problem is, when the network is down, the cluster tries
to restart clustered services where it expects that the node is
healthy ... bad idea

My question is : is it possible to check the cluster health through
two NIC (private first, production second)  in the cluster instead of one,
as this was
true in RH2.1AS ?

Thank you in advance

Benoit Galopin