[Linux-cluster] GFS over AOE without fencing?

Kadlecsik Jozsi kadlec at sunserv.kfki.hu
Thu Apr 19 10:33:33 UTC 2007

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Jayson Vantuyl wrote:

> It is supposedly possible to script using the mask command to block servers on
> individual MAC address to the AoE storage.  While this is often offered by
> Coraid support as an option, I've not seen anyone implement it.  To be sure, I
> have my doubts about it anyways, give that the utility that you automate (cec)
> does not exactly provide an API (you actually are writing directly into the
> unit's console!).

I have already written the script which does exactly that: i.e it calls
'cec' and issues the proper mask command to disable/enable access to the
logical blades. Now I only have to test it in our first testbed GFS setup
;-).

Best regards,
Jozsef
E-mail : kadlec at sunserv.kfki.hu, kadlec at blackhole.kfki.hu
PGP key: http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec/pgp_public_key.txt
Address: KFKI Research Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics
         H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary