[Linux-cluster] CS4 U4 / crash when "less /proc/cluster/status"

Patrick Caulfield pcaulfie at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 07:45:12 UTC 2007

Alain Moulle wrote:
> Hi
>
> I sent this problem on CS4 U2 some months ago,
> and it seems that CS4 U4 does not solve this
> little problem. I don't remember the bugzilla
> number ... so can't check the responses on the
> the bug, do you have some news about this ?
>
> Thanks
> Alain
>> Strange, when you do :
>> less /proc/cluster/status
>> on one node of a HA pair, the system crashes !
>> If you use cat /proc/cluster/status, no crash.
>> Any explanation ?
>> Is it always true with CS4 U4 ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Alain Moullé

I very much doubt that it is "always" true, as I do this several times a day and
have yet to see it crash.

Do you have any more information - such as a traceback ?

--
Patrick

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street,
Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 ITE, UK.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903