[Linux-cluster] cluster suite crashing

Chris Harms chris at cmiware.com
Thu Aug 2 00:55:22 UTC 2007

I am again attempting a 2-node cluster (two_node=1).  This time we have
power fencing, creating a cluster config from scratch.

Unplug network cables on Node A. Node B still plugged in. (Expected B to
fence A.)
Node B does not attempt fencing, claims to have lost quorum (???). (
Plug Node A back in.
Node A fences Node B

On reboot, Node B reboots itself right after fencing Node A.
[repeat]

clurgmgrd[3630]: <crit> *Watchdog: Daemon died, rebooting

*Various things appear directly ahead of this in the log.  Most of the
time it was a service script that was failing a stop operation.
Correcting it did not resolve the issue:

[/var/log/messages on Node B]
clurgmgrd[5669]: <notice> Resource Group Manager Starting
[selinux warnings]
clurgmgrd[5667]: <crit> Watchdog: Daemon died, rebooting...
kernel: md: stopping all md devices.
fenced[4617]: fence "[Node A]" success
[reboot]

[some pertinent lines from cluster.conf - they are identical on each node]
    <fence_daemon clean_start="0" post_fail_delay="0" post_join_delay="12"/>
    <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>

Meanwhile, Node A comes up and fences B when it gets a chance.

I'm really at a loss on what to do.  We are running the RHEL 5 rpms from
RHN.  Googling the error message yields some results on crashes in
RGManager which were allegedly fixed in version 4.  I have seen some
other squirrelly behavior out of RGManager at various points, but
reboots seemed to fix those so I figured proper fencing might render
them moot.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Chris