[Linux-cluster] fencing with IBM RAS II on Centos 5 cman start

James Parsons jparsons at redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 19:36:08 UTC 2007

karl at klxsystems.net wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am attempting to use an IBM RSA II (Remote Supervisor Adapter) and my
>fencing device, as it is listed in the dropdown menu of supported devices
>when you create and configure a fencing device.
>
>Is there a specific log I can tail to find out what's going on with my
>fencing device and why it won't start?

No, but you could try running the agent from the command line and seeing
what happens...
/sbin/fence_rsa -a hostname_of_rsa_card -l login -p password -v (for
verbose). You can see the fence_rsa man page for more info.

fence_rsa has been a goo performer...I seem to recall a bug about not
working with custom command prompts, but that has been fixed about
everywhere I believe.

>[root at ftp3 RPMS]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/cman start
>Starting cluster:
>   Mounting configfs... done
>   Starting ccsd... done
>   Starting cman... done