[Linux-cluster] NFS failover problem

J. Bruce Fields bfields at fieldses.org
Tue Aug 21 13:14:06 UTC 2007

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 01:02:04PM +0200, kieran JOYEUX wrote:
> I don't have any replication systems. I don't really need it, rsync would
> be ok. All i want is not having that NFS stale handle error... With
> heartbeat + DRBD i have no issues about it.

Are you using rsync to copy the files in the exported filesystem, or are
you copying the filesystem image itself?

Copying at the file level doesn't work.  NFS needs to know that the
files really have the same identity--same inode number, same generation
number (same filehandle)--otherwise you will get stale filehandle
errors.

--b.