[Linux-cluster] gfs_grow

Ben Yarwood ben.yarwood at juno.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 09:08:33 UTC 2007

I am using a 3 Node cluster using RHEL4U4.

I ran a gfs_grow yesterday on one of our filesystems but stupidly missed a process that was using the same file system.  The grow
process hung and when I got it to exit, the file system is now reporting as having grown to the larger size but no extra space has
appeared.  Basically my file system grew from 14TB to 15TB and my usage also grew from 13TB to 14TB.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get this space back?  I know I could probably do as gfs_fsck but given the size of the file
system, this would take a few days according to some previous reports.

Thanks
Ben