[Linux-cluster] cluster suite crashing

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 20:23:15 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 11:08:51AM -0500, Chris Harms wrote:
> rgmanager-2.0.24-1.el5
>
> I'm not sure if this is useful or not, but I had just rebooted Node B
> when we pulled the cables on Node A.  It is possible not all of the
> services / inter-node communication had completed.

Could you pull from CVS (RHEL5 or 51 branches)?  The current code has a
couple of crash bugs fixed.

Note that if you store:

DAEMON_COREFILE_LIMIT="unlimited"
RGMGR_OPTS="-w"

... in /etc/sysconfig/cluster, rgmanager will generate a core file in
the root directory.  Attaching the core to the bug report will help
determine whether it's something already fixed in CVS.

But seriously, if you see 'daemon died, rebooting' it's either user
error (you did a 'kill -9' of only one rgmanager pid) or a bug (crash).

-- Lon