[Linux-cluster] add journal to GFS

Mathieu Avila mathieu.avila at seanodes.com
Fri Aug 10 06:59:26 UTC 2007

Le Thu, 09 Aug 2007 18:03:58 -0400,
FM <dist-list at LEXUM.UMontreal.CA> a écrit :

> Hello,
> I have to add more journals to add a new nodes.
> SO What I did :
> create a new LUN
> add it to lvm usign :
> lvcreate
> vgextend
> lvextend
>
> after that I use gfs_grow
> now the GFS is 150 GB bigger  BUT
> gfs_jadd say that did not have space to add journals

You have used the new space for normal data or meta-data, so that it
isn't available anymore. "gfs_jadd" doesn't use the free space of a
file system, it needs to be fed up with new space, just like gfs_grow
works.
As your file system cannot be shrinked, the only solution i see is to
add space one more time (much less, 150G is very much unless you want
to 100+ nodes), and run gfs_jadd again.

Cluster team, please correct me if i'm wrong.

--
Mathieu